Wednesday, December 12, 2007

HO HO HO





A little pre-Christmas excitement! Tonight was our fellowship dinner at the church & Santa made an appearance. Teena, her husband & Boo came with us too. I don't know that there was a whole lot of dinner.... We got 2 kids plates to split between 4 of them & still had ALOT of leftovers when they abandoned us for the train table in the corner. How can you not like turkey dinner with all the trimmings? I actually saw Sweetie SPIT OUT her turkey! Honey ate a bit of her meat & then filled up on cranberry sauce & rolls. Lovey seemed to enjoy the dressing but not much else. They didn't seem to care too much about the menu & were completely content to play with the other kids & come back for dessert. After dinner they joined the other kids at the front of the room & sang Christmas carols. Teena & I were amused & amazed to see Boo front & centre at the microphone! I guess it's a good sign that she felt comfortable & welcome! LOL






After the sing song, Santa arrived and every kid there got a present. I thought they were getting candy canes or something. Nope. Real actual gifts, wrapped and the whole works. We now have 3 brand new puzzles & Boo took home some card games. They also got candy canes that were nicely decorated. We had a great time and the kids were pretty excited to see Santa. Lovey had no problem going up for her present when her name was called but Honey & Sweetie were a little more hesitant. Boo was quite intrigued with the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting us, Kel, we had a great time. I'm enjoying the pictures, too, because I left my camera in my coat (which was in the coatroom), and I didn't want to miss anything by going to find it when the festivites began! But your camera is like an extension of yourself, now, and I'm thankful for that.
Teena