Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's like trying to fight the tide... you just can't win.

Not sure if you all remember our dear friend Maggie, she worked with the girls when we were in the Early Intervention program & our regular interventionist was on mat leave. I'm not sure what I did to her but she apparently has had it in for me ever since. I think her plan began when I posted this after Christmas:


I would like to personally thank any and all who considered Polly Pocket sets
this year for my girls and decided against it. They can't possibly look after
them or keep track of them at this age and it would be absolutely hellish every
time Polly lost her beebee sized shoe! So the moral of the story here is: REAL
friends (or insert "aunt", "grandmother" etc here) don't buy Polly Pockets for
other people's children!


She came yesterday, toting a garbage bag FULL of Polly Pocket Paraphernalia. We now own 47 pairs of pea sized shoes, 12 Polly's, a Polly hotel complete with hot tub & swimming pool & front desk! , a Polly sized laptop, various softdrinks, outfits, pets and stuff you just wouldn't believe.
The girls are in absolute heaven. I am totally outnumbered in my anti-Polly stance. They woke up this morning and instead of "Mumma, I'm hungry, will you get my breakfast?" it was "Mumma, can we play Polly Pocket?????" I told them they had to do all 4 jobs first (eat, brush teeth, get dressed, make beds) and they were so keen, they didn't even wait for me after they ate, clothes were on, beds done & they even brushed their teeth themselves they were so anxious to get at it!!

One girl's trash is 3 other girls' treasure!!!! Maggie greatly enjoyed her visit & the girls are loving Polly Pocket world! Thank you Maggie! They are taking good care of the stuff & I've threatened to vaccuum up every little piece they leave behind and they're taking it very seriously. I also told them that if they can't play nicely with them, they're outta here (the toys that is, apparently you're not allowed to just throw your kids out....). Today I heard the beginnings of a squabble and somebody quickly said "oh, that's ok, I'll use this instead or we won't get to keep them!!!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Crack. Me. Up. We got my nieces both Polly Pockets for Christmas... to pay back for all the noisy, obnoxious toys they've bought the boys the past few years. :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

Does this mean it's fair game for Aunt Mandy to fulfill her girly girl shopping needs and start saving for the Polly castle?????

KelMur & Co. said...

well Polly's townhouse is starting to get a little crowded so I'm sure by Christmas she'll be needing an upgrade.... LOL