Sunday, August 24, 2008

We Go Out Walkinnnnnn', After Supperrrrrr....

Friday's usually a bit disorganized as I try to do some housework and get my grocery list made up and although it's probably hard to believe, I actually attempt to have my crap together so I can leave when my mother gets there. More often than not though, I hear the car in the driveway and am still in my scuzzy "around the house" clothes, unshowered and list partially made. So the day flies by and I rarely get the kids outside for any playtime or a walk or anything. Since I hadn't had them outdoors at all, I suggested a walk to the farm after supper and off we went, after a few tantrums, arguments and probably at least one crying jag.
You can see what a rotten time they're having with us!
Honey gave me her flowers to put in my hair which amused Murray so he wanted a picture of that. You can't really tell here though whether Lovey's just holding a bunch in her hand behind my back or whether they're actually anchored in my ponytail. You be the judge!
And around this point, Murray got suspicious and exlaimed "THIS isn't walk at all, it's just another photoshoot!" *gasp* (is he new here?!?!?)

and then Sweetie had some complaint about something or other and put on this face which we're seeing more and more of lately.
This particular night I was working on "finding the light". It's hard to take pictures in direct sun but you don't want to be completely in the shade either. So the trick is to find what they call "open shade" an area that doesn't glare right in their eyes but still shines in enough so they're not dark. So the photo above was taken with my back to the house, facing toward the street. Obviously didn't find the light. Try again. I went on the other side, stood on the lawn & shot towards the house. Better! Goofy faces but nicer light for sure! I really need to learn to find the light & position myself for better pictures. Although moving subjects with minds of their own often make this hard to do! and below I have mixed shadow & light, fairly impossible to meter for and should be avoided entirely! oh well!


stupid shadow casting hats! how dare they wear those on a photoshoot, errr, I mean, WALK! ;))

No comments: