Monday, October 6, 2008

Out On The Town

What a weekend! Murray's boss was up for a big award so he brought everyone & spouses to the ceremony. We got a fancy dinner out & it was interesting to hear about all the other projects that had been nominated. There are some freaking smart people out there! Heaven help my kids if it's up to me to help them with that kind of homework assignment someday.

Murray's boss was very generous with the invitation. Everyone got Friday off (but Murray went in anyway, such a brown noser! hee hee!), gas money to drive down, tickets to the dinner & a night at a hotel and a breakfast buffet the next morning. We opted out of the hotel & just stayed with Murray's parents as we'd already ditched our kids there for a weekend not too long ago and we don't want to burn them out! LOL

After breakfast on Saturday, we decided to take the girls over to visit Murray's great aunt while we were in town, then we got home again & Karen & I took off for a rushed shopping trip. Our usual routine includes several stops at stores I don't have here. My sister in law is very good at humouring me & patiently letting me browse to my heart's content. I think it helps that I treat her to an icecream cone if she's good!

After returning from our whirlwind big box tour, it was off to the hairdresser for Karen. I picked up my other sister in law, or as Mandy always says "Murray's sister in law", for reinforcement and then we had our evil hairstyling way with Karen's do. Karen's husband Paul wanted her to try a new look. She's had the same haircut for pretty much as long as I can remember, varying lengths maybe but pretty much the same since 1986 ish. Mandy & I have been secretly plotting for years on this but never put a plan into action. When Paul enlisted our help we were only too willing to play a part! We didn't go too wild and we veto'd the foils he had in mind but we did get the gray covered and took out a lot of the bulk. She's not one much for salons or spas or anything like that and generally views getting a haircut as a chore to be endured. Even though it wasn't her idea of a good way to spend a Saturday she did play along & was a really good sport & we only had to handcuff her to the chair once! : ) She got it straightened (just for the day) and it was so sleek & sophisticated! Pretty much everyone thought her new hair was awesome. Unfortunately, she wasn't one of them and the straightening was washed out the next day. So in case you missed it here is Karen looking HOT HOT HOT! :)))


and as if all this wasn't enough fun & excitement, I also got to spend time with Flowergirl. Not as much as I'd have liked but some is better than none! She did my hair to match hers and I don't think I pull it off nearly as well as she does (must be the height thing) but I'll take any bit of her I can get. She played with the girls Friday night while Murray & I were out & came back over on Saturday to see me and play with them some more. She's my rockstar and I love her more than any girl I didn't give birth to. She turns 19 today so Happy Birthday Flowergirl!



the whole fam damily out for supper to celebrate Karen & Paul's 5th anniversary.



No comments: