Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mucking About










Well it all started off well! *sigh* We haven't been outside in what seems like weeks. Between storms, rain and illness/exhaustion, it has been a looooooooooooooooong time since we went outside and just played in the fresh air. It felt so great to be out in the sun! The kids were all keen on blowing bubbles & were anxious to get out there after lunch.

There was a bit of wind so the bubble blowing didn't really work out all that well so they moved on to playing on the swing set that they haven't been able to get at all winter. While they were busy with that, I noticed the yard had some unpleasant business to attend to. We were outside for almost 2½ hours, a good portion of which I spent picking up Murphy's winter collection that were currently on display. Yech. I kept having to tell the girls, don't follow me here! watch where you're stepping! don't go over there! It was time well spent and the yard is much safer to walk around in now :) I also ended up with a bit of sunburn which I thought was a great sign! not the healthiest maybe but still a great indicator that summer may actually come at some point! :)






The kids had school yesterday & were very excited to have recess time again. They haven't gone out to play on the playground since it turned cold in the fall. Getting them out of there was no small feat! Hopefully they'll do that more and more as the weather improves.
Somewhere along the line, the swing set appeal gave way to the glory of the muck. They dug in it, they jumped in it, they piled it up and unless my eyes deceive me, they may have rolled around in it a little! Oh well, what's a little more laundry around here? They were having a such a great time & I was so happy to be outdoors I didn't even care. Sweetie was bracing herself for a lecture and just about fell over when I said 'that's ok, that's why we have a washing machine!' LOL It's nice to keep them off balance a little. Of course, I've now left myself wide open for any other messy mischief that catches her eye, now haven't I????
Somewhere between yesterday and today, Lovey figured out how to swing! They've been trying to figure this out for a few years, although really only able to work on it a few months a year. Today I came outside and Lovey said "Oh Mumma! I was swinging SO high!" It took a second to click in that she must have figured out the pumping manoeuvre that I've been trying to explain/show to them. Honey was quite perturbed that she couldn't figure it out "But MUMMA I'm doing it just how you SAID!!!!!!" Lovey was feeling pretty good about this new accomplishment so I played it up for all it was worth and made sure to tell Murray about it when he got home. It's not often she gets one up on her sisters so I thought it was worth some high fiving!

No comments: