Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Flu, Flu, GO AWAY!

On top of our water logged basement, the flu has been making its way through the house. Lovey woke up sick Friday morning, all over her bed. Sweetie came down with it Sunday night at Grammie's house and was up frequently through the night til she finally fell asleep around 4am, just before Honey made a dash for her turn. It was a long night!

Since we'd been without a washer/dryer all week while they've been drying out the basement, I took all our laundry to Mum's and got everything all caught up. Two girls with the flu will decimate the linens in a hurry!!!!!!!!! plus a couple of pee accidents didn't do much for things around here! They finally got us set back up this morning & those lines weren't hooked up ten minutes before I had a load in!

Everyone seemed to be doing better today, no incidents through the night, woohoo! We're out of the woods. NOT. Sweetie felt funny at lunch time and spent a fair amount of time throwing up today. Pondering this development, she looked at me with a sad face and said "I guess the sick missed me and came back. Go away SICK! Go AWAY!!!!" Ahhhhh, if only it were that easy.

On the plus side, Lovey went to camp for the first time today! There`s a church near here that is holding `craft camp` all week. We missed yesterday and with all the basement craziness last week, I forogt to register them. Lovey came and crawled into bed with me around 8:15 & I mentioned it to her to see if she was interested and she bolted out of bed and ran in to wake up each of her sisters to share this exciting development. Honey was very upset that she couldn`t go, Sweetie didn`t mind a bit and so we finished breakfast & got dressed in a hurry and dropped Lovey off. She came home with 3 fancy projects, a bug box with a screen in the lid, a tin can with holes for a candle and an intricate snowflake twisty, cut out thinger. Since we were last minute sign ups, I don`t know how much room they have and Honey really wants to go tomorrow. It`s 3 hrs long and Lovey found that a bit much so I suggested she & Honey take turns going to camp and they both thought that was fine! Whew!!! Sweetie`s too timid to consider it so I dont`think she`s going to be upset about it. She`s the biggest one for doing crafts normally though so I think she`d be in her glory if she`d actually try it!

No comments: