Monday, September 7, 2009

Adventures by Canoe!

I was trying to think of something fun for us to do as a family since Murray had the day off yesterday. I suggested a picnic at the park and a trip to the produce place we visited last week and Murray was ok with that but wasn't super excited about it.... so I kept thinking... and I came up with a winner!!!!!

We packed up the car and headed for the water. I also packed a picnic lunch and the girls couldn't have been more thrilled. Murray was equally enthused so I knew I'd picked well!


(like how I photoshopped the crap out of myself? hahahaha!!! in my dreams!!!)


We paddled for about 20 minutes and then beached and had our lunch. The girls went in for a swim but with the breeze and the not so hot water, I decided to watch from shore. Murray decided to brave the temperature and he went in. I would have been okay swimming but didn't pack a towel for us so didn't want to have to shiver to death in the wind afterwards (I did that on Saturday WITH a towel and still thought I had frostbite on the extremities!)



The kids played on the beach quite awhile and then wanted to go exploring on the paths and we went for a walk, checking out the area. Lovey got tired after awhile so we didn't go too far before heading back to the canoe. They then got fascinated with all the driftwood and tried building some furniture and that took awhile!

spotted a bald eagle (we think!)

Here's the bench they put together. I don't expect we'll see these mass produced any time soon ;) but they were pretty pleased with themselves so that's the main thing!



and now that the kids have their own camera, we get to be in the pictures!

No comments: