Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Great Outdoors!

We had some pretty cold weather this week but we I decided we needed to get outdoors anyway! It took a bit of coercing convincing but we bundled up and went out.

Even the stuffed animals were given some heavy duty cold weather gear! Don't they look cozy? I couldn't believe how thorough they'd been in getting these guys all wrapped up!


When I got out there, they'd decided to drag some stuff out of the garage. Their old bikes don't maneuver too well on the glare of ice that is our driveway this week. So we had no choice but to....

hit the road! I don't know if they're too heavy for these now or what but they couldn't seem to get them moving well, even on the pavement so there was a lot of pushing involved but nothing too strenuous. :)



Sweetie was all about being helpful on this trip! We'd left one bike behind so were down to two, she had one and Lovey had one and Honey was walking with me. Then Honey decided she would like to ride afterall and started to get upset. Sweetie hopped right off hers and gave it up! I think I still have roadrash from where my jaw hit the ground! Then when Honey was complaining that Lovey was getting all the pushes from Sweetie (my constant attention and assistance were of no value apparently!), Sweetie tried pushing both of them at the same time. I'm not sure what brought it on but she was intent on keeping the peace and it was great to see!

It was freeeeeeeeeeeezing that afternoon but they had a blast and loved the big ride down to the farm. On the way back we stopped in at Tulip's and got her to come out and play and they did another hour at her house sliding on the snowbanks and climbing the hills around her house.
a rare sighting of teamwork in action! You may want to bookmark this post as such a display may never be seen again :)))



No comments: