Monday, April 19, 2010

Homecoming!

Although I had a great big exciting weekend away, it was so nice to come home too!


Unlike most trips to the states, I didn't do much shopping. Once we stopped for the coffee junkies at a Starbucks & I noticed a shoe store next door. I made a beeline as both Murray & I were in need of new sneaks. Buy one get one 50% off was just the thing!

One of the big highlights of a long day of boring travel & sitting around on planes & waiting for flights was a chance encounter with none other than PRINCESS PAMELA!!!!!! I couldn't believe it when I saw her at an elevator inside the terminal. We were both waiting for our final connection to get to our respective cities. She helped me do a little shopping for the girls, encouraging me to buy them funky winter hats. Then we got to sit down and have a bite to eat and a proper face to face visit. It was awesome!!! I got to practice the self portrait technique I learned on my weekend away LOL

The girls were pretty excited to see me and to find out what I had in my suitcase for them! The new hats were a hit, except Sweetie's is the wrong size so I have to figure out how to exchange that.... anybody flying through Toronto anytime soon????? Hers was an adult size instead of a kids. I had no idea they even came in adult size!!! Dang!

We had some nice reunion time before they had to get to bed but it really hit the spot. Murray had had quite a weekend while I was gone. They woke up frequently in the night crying for me, Honey came down with a bad flu and he was under the weather himself with a cold. With all this going on, he deserves huge kudos for surviving and for managing to keep the house in decent order! He's like a really cool guy!!! To even let me take off for 5 days is pretty huge. To be willing to go solo for the duration was impressive. To resist calling in reinforcements when everything went to crap was phenomenal. My husband ROCKS!!!!!!!! Love you hawney!!!

No comments: