Friday, May 28, 2010

Mum & Dad on the lam!

Busy busy busy! Murray's office had a paintball outing this afternoon and I got invited! Luckily it's Friday (Grammie day!) and I was able to do a disappearing act thanks to my mum's generosity and willingness to step in for me! Thanks Mumma, you're the best & I love you til the numbers are done! :)))


Murray picked me up & we got to the place for 2pm. Then we spent the next couple of hours crawling around in the woods shooting up the place. What a blast!!!!!!!! We had enough people for 2 teams and played several games and my team won most of the time. I can fully attribute these wins to all my faithful hours watching Jack Bauer on 24 :))) My time is never wasted ha ha! I do have several bruises so I didn't come out entirely unscathed but at the end of the day, much like my action hero, I was the last man standing! It was an intense afternoon, lots of adrenalin, lots of tense moments. This was way more fun than slogging it out at the gym, although I did that earlier today too.
The girls had a good time with Mum and they played for awhile and then had just started a movie when I called to say we were on our way home.
Since I'd decided to go at the last minute, I had nothing prepared for supper so we decided to go out to a Chinese buffet. Luckily they have a special rate for little kids because it was a total bust for them. Lovey was the best eater and tried chicken wings, spare ribs, chicken balls and was the most adventurous of the three. It was an odd situation but we just went with it!
When I called home to let them know we were on our way, I asked Mum to tell them to get ready to go to the restaurant and they decided it was a Princess Pamela Original worthy occasion and they were all decked out in this finery when we got to the door. Princess Pamela, if you have any of this material left, we could use an extra layer around the bottom so Sweetie doesn't flash the other restaurant patrons while she's sashaying around the dining area!!!!!!!

No comments: