Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Apples Anyone?

So we went and did some apple picking on the weekend. The girls are EXCELLENT pickers. They started off with their own bags, switched out a couple times as they got too heavy and then when we got everything together to leave, we realized we'd filled FIVE of those re-usable shopping bags. Guess how much that weighs????? SIXTY pounds. And you can't just stick them back on the tree after you pick them! I'll have to get Murray on applesauce duty on the double! I gave some to Mum and some to a friend a the gym but we still have a bit of a surplus. Today I made a double batch of apple crumble and I'm even eating them. The pile doesn't seem to have gone down a whole lot yet though. Murray & I will have a pie night soon and get a bunch of those in the freezer. That will take care of some but not all, so if you're hungry and nearby, stop in for some fresh picked apples!






No comments: