Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Grade One!

The girls started grade one today! Well, most of them did anyway :( Poor Honey Bunny. She woke up several times in the night last night, sick to her stomach. Each and every time, she asked if I thought she could still go to school in the morning. When she was still making trips at 5:30am I didn't have the heart to tell her that she would have to stay home.


The other two were lightning quick getting ready this morning! Ate, dressed, made beds, teeth brushed and hair done in an amazingly short amount of time with not a single fit. If I hadn't seen it myself, I'd call me a liar!

While the other two were at school, Honey slept in awhile. Then she got up and was able to eat a bit. We curled up on the couch and watched Hannah Montana together. To celebrate the beginning of grade 1, we baked a cake (any excuse will do around here!). After lunch we made a quick run to the grocery store and then picked up her sisters from school.



Sweetie & Lovey both had a good day and were excited to be back. They all had homework on the first day but pretty easy stuff. Unfortunately Lovey got stressed out with hers and was in tears. She was supposed to tell us about 2 new friends she made at school today and got all upset because she didn't really "make" any new friends. I suggested she just tell me about 2 people who weren't in her class before but this just made her cry more as I clearly wasn't understanding what the homework said and it went downhill from there. Heaven help me as the assignments get more involved!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: