Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Birthday Girl!





Moi! I made it through another year of life and had a grand birthday! The girls at the gym surprised me in the middle of the weightlifting workout! As usual, we were grumbling about different exercises that she had us doing when it came time for "dips", sooooooo not my strong point! I of course voiced my displeasure! Then she announced that it was time for the next thing. In my grouchy voice, I demanded "NOW what?!?!?!?". She seemed to ignore me and instead announced, "ok everybody, here we go!" and the whole class simultaneously burst into "Happy Birthday". My jaw hit the floor, they totally blindsided me and it was hilarious, more so to them as I turned 10 shades of red because everyone was looking at me and because of my outburst. Luckily I go there enough that they know me well and look forward to my brand of harassment. A well executed hit though, they definitely got me!

Facebook slammed me with a tonne of birthday greetings from friends and family, which was very awesome!

We had a great birthday supper and I got to eat caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! Murray humours me and decorates my birthday cake pretty much every year. He hates it but he does it anyway just because I like it so much. He doesn't understand it but that's ok, it makes me feel special that he goes through this labour of love when he'd much rather be at his computer! This year he took it up a notch and decorated the kitchen with signs and balloons, what a nice surprise to wake up and find in the morning!

The girls made a "party cave" in the living room to hold my presents and so we had the gift opening in there. Good times!

After supper we went to the mall to pick out skates for my birthday present and when we got home there were a dozen roses waiting at the door! The neighbours next door left them for me! Their girls come here afterschool a couple days a week and she's been wanting to buy me something for awhile but I kept refusing. She must have figured she could sneak a gift in this way so I couldn't object. Well she's right! Never turn down roses on your doorstep! :)))

After the kids went to bed, Murray & I settled in to watch The Blind Side and had a nice relaxing evening cuddled up on the couch (it's getting cold in here, so it's a matter of survival!)

I got birthday emails and phonecalls as well as Facebook postings and loved every bit of it! Thanks everybody for making my birthday so fun and special!

No comments: