Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Watchers





I've been looking forward to checking out the Royal Wedding. I didn't realize how interested I was until I jerked awake yesterday morning at 5:50, hopped out of bed, ran downstairs, scanned the channels madly, getting desperate when I couldn't find ANY coverage!!! I checked news sites, I googled and got frustrated. The most annoying was some site that hadn't updated their countdown clock properly and was still showing that there was a whole day plus an hour before the ceremony started. What on earth were THEY thinking?!?!?!? I went back & forth from the TV to the computer a few times before I realized it was only THURSDAY!!!!

I did find a channel that was doing some coverage of the lead up and showing the main players in the big day. Lovey wandered down to see what I was doing and sat with me & listened avidly as I told her who everyone was, how they were related to the Royal family or the bride etc. When we went up to wake her sisters & have breakfast, she looked up at me with her big eyes and said "Mummy will you wake me up to watch the wedding tomorrow????!!!!?????"

Last night they all picked out their clothes & put them out on the couch so they could get dressed while they watched. I wasn't sure if they'd actually get out of bed when it was time today. I came down ahead of them & made sure I had the right channel and put the fire on to warm up the room. At 6:15, I went up to call them and all 3 popped out of their beds in an instant and downed their breakfast in record time and flew down the stairs.

We admired all the gorgeous hats, fascinators and outfits (well, the reindeer antler look alike, not so much). We were anxious to see THE dress!!! Finally we got a peek of Kate in the car on her way to the church & thought she was absolutely beautiful!!!!!

There was time to see her come into the church, go up the aisle and a bit of the ceremony before they had to go catch their bus. They were quite put out to have to leave before seeing the couple ride off in the Royal carriage but left without a fight. (once I promised to record the rest!!!)

I remember watching Charles & Diana get married when I was 10 and it was so much fun to share the excitement of this Royal Wedding with my girls :)))

No comments: