Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All's Fair in Love & Dessert

Berries were on sale today when I got groceries, I had a pound cake in the freezer.... it seemed like a good idea! Berry Bliss Cake for dessert!!! When they saw this, they were anxious to know what supper was going to be.

Unfortunately for them, fiddleheads are also available now! Since it's such a short season, I decided to get some! and what's perfect with fiddleheads???? Salmon of course! Once I told them what was on the menu, the screams of "NOT FAIR!!!!" immediately ensued, quickly followed by the wails of "whyyyyyyyyyyyy???????????" I told them it was our surefire way to make sure we got as much of this dessert as possible. Wow! talk about getting some 6.95 yr olds peeved in a hurry!!! Not only did I enjoy a yummy dessert, I was highly entertained at the same time. Sweetie managed to get through the meal and was able to partake of the delicacy with us. In all fairness, I did offer them a substitute of raw baby carrots instead of the greens, plus their entire serving of salmon could have easily fit onto a salad fork!

(this is Murray's plate below)


No comments: