Friday, June 3, 2011

Oh the EXCITEMENT of it all!!!





Well, as if the end of the school year wasn't enough to look forward to, we're also in serious countdown mode for the BIRTHDAY!!!! 15 more days in case you've lost track ;) ANNNNNNND even more immediately exciting, we got the swimming pool filled up today! The hose was still running when they got off the bus today and they immediately started inviting friends over for a swim! They always forget how COLD the water is when it first goes in LOL Although, I remember begging to go swimming as a kid, in temperatures that I wouldn't even consider nowadays! Aunt Brenda & Uncle Wayne took my 3 cousins & my brother & I on a trip to the States once. We got checked into our motel probably around 10pm or so. I remember it was dark out and it was summertime. No sooner had we gotten through the door than we all started in on them about getting to the pool. God love them, they took us swimming at that hour :) Mind you, they kept warm & dry on the deck but they let us have our fun. So I can hardly blame my own kids for wanting the same thing right? I just didn't jump in myself this time :)

As with every other year, it took them longer to get changed than it did to swim. If you can call hitting bottom and flying back up the ladder and into a towel within 30 seconds, a "swim". They didn't seem to regret going in though so as long as they enjoyed themselves, that's the main thing.

The guy with the water truck was pleased with the set up this year. He thinks I've improved since last year. The bottom was smoother and I'd shored up the low sides where it was a bit sloped last year. He says next year I can probably hire out for pool installations! I don't know about that, I can barely keep up with one household!

Let's hope Mr Sun decides to rejoin us soon or the kids will go crazy! They're pretty sure tomorrow's going to be hot enough to go "swimming" again though :)))

No comments: