Friday, April 6, 2012

Million Dollar Words

At school, the teachers are encouraging the kids to stay away from "boring" words in their writing. Instead of "she said", use "she exclaimed" etc. So now they  like to play "million dollar words" at home. We all take turns making up random sentences with as many big fancy words in them as possible. We receive  point for every fancy word we use. I usually end up with a bunch of points but then lose them all when  I say or do something they dislike.

The last time we played, they hauled out the scoreboard and had me compete against Ginger, M-somebody, Sweetie & Bunny. I was doing quite well in the game and then suddenly it all went downhill and I lost all my points again. I'm pretty sure it was rigged!  sooooooooooooooooo unfair! ;)))







No comments: