Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Prep

Luckily for me, I had a couple willing elves on most projects this year! They loved to wrap and helped get all the gifts done up & ready to go out where they needed to be, on time! (cuz that's how we roll!) For once, I gritted my teeth and dug deeeeeeeeeeeeeep for some patience!!! I demonstrated how to measure the paper out to make sure they cut the right amount, rip the tape off the dispenser without cracking the plastic in half, where to place the tape so you don't need a gazillion strips, how to fold the edges for smooth looking finished edges (hey this is serious business!!!), how to fold in the corners to meet in the middle on the ends and finish it all up nice & pretty with ribbons and bows!

The first few takes were a little nerve wracking but after that they got the hang of it and I just distributed items and they selected their paper and took it from there. It was fun & togethery and awesomely productive as we blared some tunes and sang our hearts out! These girls saved my butt as we scrambled to get everything ready on time! I looooooooooooove my daughters :))) and I did such a good job training them that Murray got all his wrapping done for him too! I asked if he'd had to show them much and he said he just gave them the items and they took right over and did a better job than he'd ever done! LOL


I used one of my early gifts from me to me to shoot us as we worked, a cool remote for the Nikon! (Sweetie helped me out earlier on another wrapping marathon, before I had my new gadget and missed out on photo ops)







No comments: