Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Glass

Last week, a glass broke in the kitchen late in the evening and I swept and vacuumed and thought I'd cleaned it all up. Unfortunately I was wrong and Lovey got a piece in her foot which we tried to remove. It was still sore afterwards but we weren't surprised, those injuries are always tender.

Fast forward a week and a half and it's still bothering her but no way is she going to let us cut the skin and probe around so we decide to just keep an eye on it.

A few days after that, she comes home from school and her foot is bleeding where the glass cut had been previously. After cleaning the blood away, I felt the piece of glass and was able to pull it out with tweezers. You can see the shard in the middle of her hand in the picture, it's the shiny thing. It doesn't look like much but I'm sure would have been very uncomfortable to walk around on for a couple weeks!

No comments: