Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sale Weekend!

My Moms of Multiples (MOMs) group had their clothing sale this weekend. It's an all consuming event that I organize. For the most part, it's not too bad, I sort of have a system and keep as much the same from one to the next so I can re use as much of the material as possible. This one was a little more challenging since I was away the weekend beforehand, Murray was away a few days this week and all 3 kids were sick. Anyway, it's all over now and I'll be sleeping well tonight! I always get all hyped up, half excited, half nervous. Everything went well and we had more stuff for sale and more shoppers than ever so I'm really pleased. It's awesome to work with a bunch of people who all lead this crazy MOM life (the "I'm so busy" excuse just doesn't cut any grass in this group!) and to pull off an event like today is quite an accomplishment. I don't know what I'd do with out my family though either. What if Mum didn't come in to keep the kids the day before so I could run and check our location & drop off some of my stuff. What if Murray was one of those triplet dads who don't help out with the kids or the house? If I didn't have all this support, I wouldn't be able to do half the things I do.


Back to Murray's race for a minute! Boston weather was pretty rotten with alot of rain, flood warnings and wind against him the whole route. With all the demands of the kids (and me!), his training isn't as extensive as it used to be and his time wasn't quite as good as it was the first time he did Boston. He finished in 3 hrs and 21 minutes. I could spend that long just coming up with reasons why I don't want to go for a run! Even though it wasn't his fastest race I still think running this marathon is a huge accomplishment, period! Way to go Rocket Man, you did us proud!


Ok, so once the sale was over & we'd packed up & cleaned out. I had to rush home and get Murray & the kids ready to go back downtown for a family picture for the church directory. Murray did the baths before I got home so we just put clean clothes on them & jumped in the car. The photo session went not too badly considering the kids haven't been feeling well this week. We got a family shot they could use for the book but nothing that was worth $55 for one 8x10!
The girls did seem to have a bit more energy than they've had lately. Murray said they were whining a lot but not sleeping all day. He probably could have stood to have had a bit more napping going on while he was here fending for himself today though!


When we got back home it was still beautifully warm out so we had our first BBQ of the season. So nice!!!

No comments: