Thursday, August 2, 2007

Looking forward to the weekend!

The week's pretty much taken care of with no ill effects, yay! Grammie's coming first thing tomorrow and all is well with the world! (assuming I get the grocery list in order before she gets here....)

Yesterday we had playgroup which is now outdoors for summer. Personally, I prefer the gym in the church basement! When we go there, the girls run off and play with the toys and occasionally drift back to check in with me. At the park, they don't want to leave my side or they want me to play with them on the equipment the whole time. Part of the draw of playgroup is being able to hang out & chat with the other moms & watch the kids have a good time playing. I get lots of quality time with them every other day so 2 hours separation on Wed mornings would be ok with me. I thought that after a few trips to the park, they'd be more comfortable and as long as I can see them, I'm not too worried about the stalkers/kidnappers. (they're out there dammit, I know it!)

After playgroup we came home & spent some time out in the pool again. I was in it again myself actually & the weather has kept it at a nice temperature, not freezing cold but still refreshing & cool.

Last night I got out to meet up with some of my MOM friends from the multiples group & we had some munchies & got caught up on everyone's summers & it was a great night out!

Today we had a visit from Shirley who's been busy most of the summer, travelling & visiting family etc. I was surprised to hear from her yesterday & pleased that she wanted to come see the girls. She said she needed her 'fix' LOL. I got busy when she arrived and she kept the girls occupied for over 2 hours! I made 2 loaves of banana bread, a cake (little overdone though) and a pan of squares, did a load of wash & cleaned up the breakfast mess & all the baking mess. I didn't get any housework done though (brace yourself Mumma) and this afternoon we were out visiting a friend & only got back in time for supper & then I was off again to a movie with my cousin and that took care of the rest of the day!

No comments: