Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Kid on the Block

We have a new cousin in the family, named after her father's favourite beer, which luckily wasn't "Moosehead"! We'll just call her Brenda Jr. instead ok? ; ))) I took the girls over for a visit to meet her & they all wanted to bring her something, they went and found a couple of baby toys & Sweetie decided to give her the hand embroidered Mexican dress I bought back when I used to live there. (which much to my annoyance, I forgot to wear on my OWN children after saving it for 10 years!)






They were fascinated with BJ! They wanted to touch her hands, her head, her face. It was definitely love at first sight. I took lots of pictures and while I was doing that, they put Shona to work reading stories to them. So much for a break for her! However, we did bring dinner & dessert so hopefully that provided some relief later on. One of my other cousins, Simon, heard we were going over & asked me to bring him along as he was quite anxious to meet BJ too. We decided to make a day of it & brought him home with us & fed him some non-cafeteria food for a change which he much appreciated. It was all pretty last minute so I didn't have anything ready to send back to the dorm with him but there's always next time!






Earlier today, we had a visit from our Early Intervention lady & the girls painted some very orange pumpkins to add to our wall of art.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the post Kelly! Thanks for coming over to visit and for the dinner....The cookies are so yummy and I really want the recipe! I think I have eaten half the batch before lunch today :(
Shona