Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sad State of Affairs!

A rather pitiful statement on what I consider a "good time" these days!!!!! Today I got to go to the dentist. I always like it when I am the one who neeeeeds to get ready & leave in the morning & he has to stay home with the kids. I don't think I'd like it all the time but every once in awhile it is a little bit of fun to be able to say "oh! can't deal with that right now, gotta run, good luck with that honey! buh-bye!!!" It's almost worth having a cavity so I can get a 2nd appointment!! No such "luck" this time though, clean checkup : ))) After I was done, I even dilly dallied by going to get our insurance reimbursment before coming home. I even brought my book so I could read while I waited my turn. Of all the stupid luck, there wasn't a single other person in the place. I didn't even get to take a number and sit down! : (

When I got home, Murray was ready to go & the kids were watching cartoons (hey, that's my back up, what the heck's he doing pulling that out at 8:30am? how bad could his day have been by that point???) I let them watch for a little longer as I burned a CD for that family photo session I did last week (she was coming to pick it up this morning). After that we went upstairs for a snack (and clean up breakfast, what? was he on VACATION?????) and get dressed. Then they wanted to paint so I now have a very interesting work that is supposed to be of our wedding : ))).

While I was cleaning the bathroom, Honey was in the hallway saying wistfully:
I wish I could be just like you Mumma!
I wish I could have long hair like yours!
I wish I had precious gems like you!
I wish I was tall! (I'm thiking, awww isn't this sweet! she wants to be just like me!!!)
I want clothes like you Mumma.
I wish I had a big bum like yours Mumma. (pop! there goes my bubble...)

They are growing though. Honey looked older than when I saw her at supper last night. I find it amazing when they get up in the morning and look different than the kid we put to bed the night before! They're wavering now between wanting to be little girls and wanting to get big (and have big butts) and be able to do big kid stuff.






















After lunch we went for a walk & raided a neighbour's property that's away on vacation. I prefer to think of it as making the place look active & warding off would be looters ; ))) They had a blast running on the little walkway, climbing the rock wall, sitting on the cedar rail fences & the old benches & peeking in the patio door to see if the baby twins were visiting (they were home once & we stopped by to visit but didn't go in). Honey & Lovey tried to hold hands & jump on the count of three off the little wall but never could get it in sync but they tried and tried. So maybe that fancy swimming sport won't be for them....

We came home in time to get supper on & a batch of cookies made and had dinner at a decent time when Murray got here.

No comments: