Monday, November 5, 2007

Another Monday done!





It is getting hard to get out of bed in the morning!! It's sooooooo cold that I have no motivation whatsoever to leave my cozy duvet and step on the chilly floor. It's soon time to turn the heat on I think! We're going to try and make the downstairs a little less drafty & hope that helps with the overall temp in the house. There doesn't seem much point in letting it all run out the door so I hate to have it on until we do something about that leaky spot. I have a plan, it's just a matter of getting the right materials. I'm going to phone around tomorrow & see if I can get what I want ordered in & then hopefully that will do the trick.




Luckily it turned out to be a pretty nice day & we spent quite a bit of the afternoon outside in the sunshine. The girls collected leaves and rocks and also practiced driving their bikes on the road. Sweetie got on a little bit of a downward slope and the rapidly accelerating pace scared her and she ended up in the ditch but unharmed. There was quite a bit of screaming though so not everyone escaped the accident unscathed! (my ears!) After that she didn't last much longer, going down the hill was scary & pedalling up the slope was impossible. Lovey & Honey fared a little better but Lovey stuck it out the longest. We weighed the girls the other day & Lovey is at 39 lbs while the other 2 are at 36lbs, apparently that 3 extra pounds makes just enough of a difference in your pedal power!




It seems to still take awhile to get these kids moving, I can only imagine how much time snowsuits, hats, mitts etc will increase our departure times! Once we finally did get back inside, it was time to prep for our dinner guest, Old Nanny! She has had us over so many times, I can't even count them all. I decided it was high time we returned the invite! The girls were excited when she arrived and they all played tea party while I got supper ready. They must have thought she was very important as I noticed they'd put a table cloth on their little table, a first around here! It was an old baby blanket that's been dragging around the house forever, but it's the thought that counts right???? They were even more excited when they realized she was going to eat HERE!!!!!!! Wow! Very sociable little girls & they love company : )))











Some more editing practice tonight:


These were all shot using 800 ISO (usually I'd use 100 or 200- like film speed) but I bumped it up the other night to do the flashless pics of Sweetie indoors & I forgot to change it back for the outdoor stuff today. As a result all the shots had a lot of "noise" (or grain) & I downloaded some free software today that removes that or quite a bit of it! So that improved the pictures quite a bit right off the bat.

Removed the distracting stick in the background & the paint flakes off the step & brightened up her eyes.


same thing for eyes & cloned out some of the branches in the background & the peeling bark that was on her shoulder (it was bugging me), took away the dark circles under her eyes...
cleaned up the rash on her chin & did the eye thing again (looooove that trick!) & got rid of the dark spots under her eyes

It's sooo neat what you can do with software to enhance a picture & fix some of your mistakes (like the ISO thing) They'll love me when they're teenages & I can glam them all up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Geez - can I send you all of my pics and you can get rid of the dark spots under MY eyes??!!

Looks great, Kelly!

Kara