Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend's Over!

A fairly tame weekend compared with the last few! Murray had a hockey game Friday night... Honey & I went out to do a bit of shopping on Saturday...



On Friday when I went out for groceries, Hween costumes were 50% off so I picked up some cheapie dress up clothes, SnowWhite, Tinkerbell, Belle & 3 firefighters. Tinkerbell didn't ring up at the sale price so I ended up getting that for free, woohoo!! (it was the most expensive one too!) The girls put those all on immediately although there was a bit of a stir over who got the Tink outfit. I'd bought it with Sweetie in mind since she has some pj's with her on them but Honey was rather keen on it but Sweetie had already spotted it... Honey eventually settled for Belle but she & Lovey didn't keep theirs on for long. Sweetie had to be peeled out of hers at bedtime though! The next day she was going to come shopping with us but when she found out she couldn't run around in the flimsy outfit & would have to put on real clothes, she said she'd rather stay home. Now I know where I rate around here! She was the only one who hung around long enough to get pictures of. These were all with my new lens & they were shot in the kitchen just using the light in the room & no flash but I'm still not quite nailing the focus but she was pretty cute as Tink so I had to post them!

After we got home from shopping we had a quick lunch & then headed for the pool. We hadn't been to the big pool in a long time so they'd forgotten all their swimming progress but were pretty comfortable jumping in and playing around. The hot tub got closed down early so the girls didn't last long in the big pool. By the time we got outside, the weather was terrible!


The rest of the day was cold, windy & rainy. Our roof leaked & the bathroom ceiling dripped all day today. Calling a roofer tomorrow...


Today I went to the choir fundraiser at church & our "show" went really well & I enjoyed it. We raised over $10,000 which is pretty nice & will be a good help to the renovation fund. I had several people ask me if I was having us much fun up there as it appeared! We've practiced these songs for months & months so I know them really well now & can relax and not have to glance down for the words anymore. Someone burned a CD of it so I'm hoping to get a copy at practice this week. Sitting right in the middle of the choir, you don't really get to hear how it all sounds, you can only hear your section and a bit of the one beside you. The sound is MUCH better out in front but you can't be out there AND in the choir at the same time so we're never really sure how we sound but do get good feedback occasionally.


The kids got out their playdoh tonight & made some 'treats' for us to eat. Mmmmmmmmm! Lovey actually had some in her mouth until she spit it out on the table, ewwwwwwwww!






No comments: