Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Park Play

We got a call from Tulip this morning asking us to go on a picnic at the park & although the skies weren't looking too promising, we decided to chance it.
The kids had a great time, they played and played and climbed and made many return visits to the table for more food. It rained a few times but never lasted long so by the time we ate, things had started to dry off.

Quote of the day goes to Honey, who after showing me how she had learned to slide down the pole, looked at me with a voice that was a mix of surprise and awe, and said "I was so impressed with myself!!!" Then she said, "put down the camera and just watch me this time!" and then she went down again. LOL

She was pretty full of it today and was showing off on this wobbly balance beam thing too.
Lovey didn't have the greatest day at the park though. While climbing on the above structure, she fell straight down the centre. I'm not sure where she fell from but the thud when she hit the ground was a sickening sound. I think she had gotten down to the part where the vertical bars are yellow. She landed on her side and every bit of gravel she landed on left a deep imprint on her skin & abraded her hip. She somehow managed to avoid hitting her head on anything but I'm really not sure how. Luckily I was with a nurse who looked her over & didn't think anything was broken, thank God! After a trip to the bathroom to clean her up she sat with me for a few minutes but was right back to playing before long. She did stick to low level things for the rest of the day though. I have a feeling she'll be sore or black & blue or both tomorrow....



My little model was very cooperative today. I'll take it when I can get it!



1 comment:

Alisha said...

they are getting so big!