Monday, July 28, 2008

the WEDDING

So I did the photography at my cousin's wedding last week.... it was a little stressful but not too bad
First & foremost, ME at my first big job!!
There's always going to be a certain amount of stress for that type of event. When I'm doing family pictures, I'm a bit nervous but I always know that I can come back next week if that session is a wash. Wedding's don't work that way though. I was a little freaked out about the right settings & trying not to blow out all the whites but still get the colour to look good. Some of it worked, some didn't but I think they're going to end up with a decent selection to remember the day!


Luckily it was a small wedding in my uncle's backyard, and 95% of the guests were my own family so I was pretty comfortable and the couple didn't have high expectations so that also took some pressure off. I thoroughly warned them ahead of time that I was not a pro but that my slogan was "I'm better than nothing" :)


Just a little fun with a garden statue!

one of my favourite shots because I got exactly what I was trying to get, sharp clear detail!

not too sure if she was crazy about this idea but I had fun with it. I should have taken the painting off the wall but other than that, I think it worked.
showing the rain that interrupted us a few times




I also made the wedding cake & was pleased with how it came out!



another one of my faves from the day but I did blow out her right side so had to convert to b&w to try and salvage it because I loved everything else!

I also liked this one but should have blurred the background more to lose that busy background a bit. Oh well, at least they're cute!






Daniel thanking me for my efforts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, the pictures are great. I love the one where Daniel is behind Nadine kissing her! Perfect! - Jane - thanks for including me!