Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Aime's In Town


My friend Aime came to visit today & brought her new daughter, Genna. Genna was born on my birthday so that should be an easy one for me to remember! They're on vacation this week & she came over to hang out with us for the afternoon. She came bearing gifts that I couldn't believe! She brought the girls a whole bunch of markers. Glitter ones!!!!!!! ooh la la! metallic ones and some that are like neon colours & special paper. I've never seen any of these products before but I guess are available in the big city! : ) She brought me some rhinestone scrapbooking stickers, Murray got some blueberry syrup that he was instantly happy about! So that would be pretty good right? Then she also brought food! A basket of peaches, some Disney princess fruit snacks for the kids, avocadoes, tomatoes & chips so we could have salsa except the avocadoes aren't ripe yet so I had to save that for later, a big box of blueberries..... and well, is that what you're supposed to do when you're going to someone's house for LUNCH????????? Holy cow! I'm a TERRIBLE guest if that's the case. All I bring along is my kids' cups. Oops!

It was great to see her & meet the new baby & spend the afternoon with them. We went for a walk to check on development on construction of Tulip's new house & then played in the backyard. We discovered that a massive colony of ants had moved in and laid a bazillion eggs on the sand. At first glance I thought it was a writhing pile of maggots & almost lost my lunch. I was only slightly more pleased to find out it was just ants. We then dug out all the eggs we could find because I just couldn't stand to leave them there where my children sit and play!!!!! It was a bit gross & there may have been some gagging but I did not hurl! Do I know how to entertain or what????? If Aime never comes back I guess we'll know why!

No comments: