Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Easy! My foot!



Whoever named the "Easy Bake Oven" obviously only had one child, or at least some very well spaced singletons. Holy disasters Batman. I got the girls each a mix for their birthday & the other day I thought we could have some fun making some itty bitty goodies. WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. We didn't even get the oven out of the box before there was a fight. My cousin gave this to the girls last year & included a couple of her old little aprons. You see where we ran into trouble. "a couple". yep. TWO. Even though they each have an apron already, there was a big fight over the 2 that were in the box. I can see how the chef's hat might have been worth fighting over & the mini oven mitts were kind of cool but the apron was also an issue. We finally got over the wardrobe issues and immediately moved on to fighting over the little mixing bowl that comes with the oven. Then Sweetie lost her cake mix package and we couldn't find it anywhere. Meltdown city over that. I managed to settle the bowl fight by providing another small bowl out of the cupboard.


Honey mixed up her 3 whole tablespoons of cookie dough, sampled it thoroughly and then insisted on putting it into the pan herself. She couldn't manage, couldn't stand to have help and so we had quite a dilemma there for a bit until she finally gave in & let me put it in. Then she wanted to put it in the little oven while wearing the oven mitts. This didn't go much better. After she dropped the pan upside down on the floor (amazingly no dough came out!) she let me put it in. We then had to wait about 20 minutes for ONE cookie to bake. Meanwhile, Lovey has mixed up her cake batter and it is disappearing slowly but steadily as we wait for the ONE cookie to bake in the ONE pan in the ONE oven. Finally Honey's cookie is done, or as done as I'm willing to wait for it to be. Then we put Lovey's cake in to bake and Sweetie never did find her mix til much later that day.


As soon as everything was cleaned, I packed all that stuff back in the box & took it straight to the basement, hopefully where it will remain until we have a one on one day or maybe we'll ship it to Grammie & Grandads' & they can have lots of Easy FUN up there!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just packed up our EB stuff anmd took it to the 4 year old down the road...no tears were shed on my part. I can whip out a double batch of choc. chip cookies in my real oven before you get one still gooey in the middle cookie out of the EB oven.

Denise