Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rides! Rides! Rides!


We took the girls to the fair on Monday and they had a great time. We, on the other hand, found it hot, stressful and tiring! I don't remember that part from when I was a kid. As far as I knew back then, it was all fun fun fun! I was constantly worried that somebody was going to wander off or that someone would get snatched when I wasn't looking. My head was just doing a constant swivel. They tried just about every ride in the kids' section and went back for repeats on a couple. I always forget how much time you lose in the lines! I expected that a couple hours of riding & we'd be out of there. However, 2 hours there didn't really add up to many rides so it was closer to 4 hours before we left. That includes a miscommunication on the meeting spot and waiting around til we found each other again. Next year: designated spot for when we get lost!
Teena & Dale were coming over with Boo for supper but by the time we got home it was a bit of a late meal. I'd prepped just about everything in the morning just in case of such an event so that saved my butt!
When we walked in, we were ready to start cooking! They arrived awhile after we did & brought along some wine to share with Murray (even good wine still tastes like alcohol to me!) and a yummy salad that had Sweetie back for THREE helpings, with LEAVES and all. The four of us were amazed. She especially liked the Havarti cheese but I refused to cherry pick through it & gave her the baby spinach and everything. She cleaned her plate every time. It was quite a sight to watch, especially considering the other 3 kids were long gone, having barely touched their steak & bacon cheesy potatoes. Even though numbers aren't normally my thing, statistically, I believe that makes Sweetie a bit of an anomaly!
I sooooo enjoyed having company for supper, I only regret that our snafu at the exhibition made things so late that we didn't have as much time to visit as I would have liked. But then, who ever gets enough of Teena??? She could be there all day & I'd still be disappointed when it was time for her to go.

I was tired out from the long day in the hot sun & didn't get a single picture of the kids playing or the adults hanging out or anything! The girls got the guys playing Santa Claus and fishing though, that was pretty entertaining!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had an awesome supper Kel, great work prepping beforehand, you pulled it off effortlessly! (I wouldn't have known you arrived home shortly before we got there)
Next time the entertaining is on us!
Teena