Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day

The girls looooooooooooooooooooved Christmas! They actually slept til 8:30 which was much later than I expected. Even though I woke up at 5:49, I tried to lay low and rest up. It was tempting to go wake them but I knew it would be a busy & exciting day for them & decided to let them sleep as much as possible. I'm sure there won't be too many more late starts like that. Some years, Dale (my brother) & I used to start bugging my parents MUCH earlier than that. We'd get up, have Christmas and be back in bed asleep by 8:30! (how we didn't get killed when we came in to get them at 4am, I have no idea)

They went downstairs to see if Santa had come and found that he'd eaten all the treats and htey checked out their stockings and Santa presents. Lovey got her violin and was thrilled with that. Honey was quite pleased with her Hannah Montanna dress up accessories (although not overly enthused with the fake ponytail thing) and Sweetie got a wooden basketball shoe that laces up so you can practice tying stuff. She's forever knotting everything in sight, pretending to "tie".

Once they'd checked out their loot & confirmed that Santa had made the stop, we were able to get them to come back to the kitchen for some breakfast. I didn't think they would but they did so we took the opportunity to get some non chocolate based nourishment into them!

They were soooooooooo excited to open their presents, Murray & I had a hard time keeping up with them to make sure they were just opening their own stuff. Sweetie wanted to put on all the stuff she got! (just like her dad!) She had "diamond" earrings in her stocking and clipped those right on. She got a new (to her) dress, a "diamond" ring to match her earrings, a new hair elastic and she had to have it all on right away! By the time she got all her gear on, including a little (ie A LOT!!!!!!!!!) of lipgloss, she looked like she was ready to head off to the ball :)

They had all their things opened without too much delay & were ready to start inhaling that chocolate and watch a movie! This worked out well as Murray & I could open our own presents and actually pay attention to them! My exciting thing was a new strap for my camera that I realllllllllllllly wanted!!! Murray is enamoured with the Wii his parents got for our family.














































1 comment:

Princess Pameela said...

I am been so sick with bronch.pheun
that this is the first time, to update. You can be sure they made me so very happy. More comments about how they reacted to their presents and what they got? More pressure, sorry Kelly,.