Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Crazy Day!

Oh man! did anyone else get overrun with escapees from Camp Ridiculous today?? The morning started off rough and just seemed intense the whole day long. First of all, I woke up at 6 am & couldn't get back to sleep so that was super annoying right off the bat. Wasting perfectly good sleeping time for no good reason is just plain dumb! I should have just gotten up & done something productive but I was still hoping I'd drift back off. So much for that plan.
They were not cooperative getting ready this moring. Sweetie wouldn't get dressed, Lovey took 15 minutes to get one sock on and Honey was lolly gagging with the best of them. Finally I got everyone out the door but we were late for school. However, we were among the earliest to arrive! There are 10 kids in the class and 4 more arrived just after we did! Something in the air today I think!

I had a nice morning & went to hang out at Shooter Shelley's while the kids were at school. We talk a mile a minute and even after 2 hours, we have a hard time wrapping it up! I showed her my new toys from Christmas, my awesome R strap, the girls' pettiskirts and my new lights! We had a good chat & she gave me some couscous to try out so I'll have to make that sometime. It's supposed to be much better than rice but I'm not sure how it'll go over with the little fuss budgets!



After school we zipped home to have some lunch before going over to Nicolle's for the afternoon. Had to nag like the dickens to get them out the door and then we ended up arriving early, before she was even home. No problem, we just hopped the fence & played in the backyard for awhile. Her kids didn't want to come outside so we didn't stay out much longer and went inside to play. I'd prepped some of the supper stuff but not enough. Making meatballs is too complicated with 6 little kids underfoot. Lesson learned & 'nuff said. I got home late but since supper was already made I just had to zap some broccoli to go with it.



At supper the kids were still wacky and loud and just about enough to shed some light on how alcohol might be appealing to some people! I resorted to what I can tolerate in the way of hard stuff. Pepsi. I was so glad to leave for circuit class and unwind! How sad is that?!?!?!?

No comments: