Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Little Chef



Sweetie decided she'd like to help me make supper last night & we were having the chicken dinner that I'd planned for Andrew. (Their game schedule threw off that plan, sorry Andrew!)


First, she peeled all of the carrots for me & that went pretty well. Then she wanted another job so I let her have a go at peeling the potatoes. She was very keen & very serious about it. She worked away at the pile and got them all done. perfectly. I did not help her with any or do any peeling whatsoever. I couldn't believe how thorough she'd been!



I told her how impressed I was and she got her sheepish little "tell me more" grin so I kept up the praise. She said "are you astonished Mumma?" LOL yes, I was pretty astonished. Her father's first attempt at peeling potatoes at the age of 28 or 30 wasn't half this good! ;)



About halfway through the potato peeling, she decided she's going to be a chef when she grows up. From now on, I'm to call her every night when I'm getting dinner so she can help me and practice being a chef so she'll be ready when she goes to school for this later.



Once she finished the potatoes, she snapped most of the beans for dinner and while I was checking into Lovey's "pwobwem solving" from that same day (see previous post), Sweetie moved on to another job. When I came back upstairs, she'd gotten a chair, filled up the sink, donned my gloves and started washing the dishes. Apparently chefs don't need practice in this department because she soon got distracted and was filling up the gloves with water, spilling it on the counter & floor etc. I graciously excused her from further duties and thanked her for all the help getting the vegetables done. She was so proud & pleased to tell her father when he got home.

Today she remembered her training plans and came to do more work tonight but it was a cheater night with a cassserole from Nicolle's freezer (yay Nicolle!!!!!!!!!) so there was nothing to do. She made sure I knew she still needed to practice every night though and to make sure I called her tomorrow's meal preparation.

Honey's feeling better & went to school today (stayed home yesterday). She was fairly miserable this afternoon though, cranky about everything, screaming and yelling fits and going around picking fights. She didn't last much past supper time and hopefully a good night's sleep will fix the attitude issues!

The church is having a dessert auction tomorrow night so I baked another cupcake cake and decorated that today and also got some chocolate cheesecake muffins made for the bake table at the clothing sale. Nice to have that out of the way, now to organize all the outgrown clothes & get those all priced & ready to go. So much to do, so little time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: