Monday, April 27, 2009

Dates with Daddy



There is a daily radio program that I try to catch "Focus on the Family". They have so much good info on raising a family, being a mom etc. One day they were talking about how daughters need time with their dads and that they should go on little "dates" well before they're old enough to date boys.

Honey had decided to cash in some beans for a "date" with Daddy & go for ice cream like her sisters had. All day she talked about it, deciding what to wear so she'd look nice for her date. She got concerned about the time, she didn't want to be late for her date. By the time they were leaving, she was sooooooooo ready! She enjoyed every minute of it. They both did!

She had initially said she wanted to go with me but part way through the day, she hesitantly asked if maybe it would be alright to go with Daddy instead. I told her that she got to spend lots of time with me all day and that time with Daddy was special so I thought it would be a great idea to go with him instead. The relief on her face was so obvious. I asked her if she was worried about asking me about that. She said yes, she didn't want me to be upset. I told her it didn't make me sad because I knew she loved me and her daddy and I knew they'd have a great time. That seemed to work for her and she ran off to play.

That girl is a heavy thinker for a not quite 5 year old! :)

No comments: