Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Exploring!



On Monday it was rainy and the kids have been asking to go to the library so after hitting the gym in the morning and grabbing some lunch at home, we hit the road again and went downtown.



They picked out quite a few books and then we decided to go for a walk and check things out in that area. They loved running across the bridge and dancing around on the round platform.






Here, I had to pretend to be a ballet instructor and give them a "lesson". Luckily, as with most of their little dramas, no creativity was necessary on my part. I just had to speak my lines as they were prompted and they were happy.















the "ok stand together & hold hands" pose. Not sure how much longer I can expect cooperation on this one but I'm pretty sure my time's running out!



They could see the shoreline below and wanted to go see the water. So we went down the ramp and around the corner and wow! look! young men hanging out with unusual smoking paraphernalia, looking at me like "huh. watcha gonna do NOW lady????" LOL Luckily the girls didn't seem to notice anything unusual and I claimed that the bank was steeper than it had looked above and we'd better go back up! I didn't feel like we were in any danger or anything, I just felt stupid having them standing behind me smirking!


Then we decided to have some races on the ramp. Check out these grins! Happy campers or what???







Sweetie has been very nervous, clingy and scared of so much stuff lately, especially if it involves being separated from me/us. Any time she's doing anything the least bit adventurous (but not dangerous or destructive), I've tried to play up her bravery and boost her confidence a little.


So even though these seem a little high and may be making you a little nervous, she was actually fine and enjoying herself as I followed along, commenting on how impressive she was.







No comments: