Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bird's Eye View

Well, if you thought "Mountain Dropping" looked a little dangerous, you should probably just skip this post all together.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Feeling adventurous? Ok! Read on!!!!!!!

Sweetie has really got a thing for climbing on stuff lately. They really liked climbing on the trees in the backyard over the winter and this summer they've been scampering around on the branches of the trees out front. No big deal, they go up a little ways, swing off the branch and drop down & repeat. We got home from church on Sunday & I go in to start lunch and they decide to play for a bit. No problem. WRONG!!!!!!!!!! Lovey comes in to get me, "MUMMA!!!!!!!!!! you HAVE to come SEE this! Sweetie is climbing WAY UP!" Ok fine, I'll go have a look at her monkey shenanigans and get back to meal prep.

Lo & behold she's not innocently swinging 2 feet off the ground. She's higher than even our cat has ever dared to go. My heart jumps into my throat as I ponder what to do about this. I can't exactly fly up there & carry her down. She looks so small up there in the branches! I coach her down, telling her to take her time, hold on tight and sure enough she inches her way down, almost effortlessly and hops to the ground, pleased as punch. "It was a great view up there! I LOVED IT! I didn't know I was so brave!"
She's getting a little overconfident in her climbing abilities! She didn't even bring her curling ribbon safety line or tie all her sisters scarves together or anchor herself to a kitchen chair or anything!!!!!!!!!!

This is the same girl who's afraid to ride a school bus?????

No comments: