Friday, September 18, 2009

Frog Hollow

Another Sunday walk! We're not sure where the girls are getting the energy, but since they started school they've been extra rambunctious and loud! Everyone told me they'd be totally wiped now that they're in school all day but I'm not seeing that. As far as I can tell, the bus driver has to be slipping them some 5 Hour Energy just as they come down the road. Either that or they're just exploding after keeping tight rein on their ridiculousness all day. We reap allllllllll the benefits :)


Soooooo we try to do more activities and run all that P&V right out of them. The intensity level they can maintain makes my head spin! Every night is a talkathon and the only way they think they can win is to raise the volume and if anything goes wrong (and by "anything" I obviously mean big, important stuff like not being able to find your flip flop charm bracelet after you've been tucked in for bed) the dam bursts and the excited, frenetic energy is channelled into waterworks and screaming as their world comes apart at the seams.



We went exploring in the woods so the girls could show me the frog puddle they'd found on their last trip. We watched them a long time but the girls hadn't worn their boots so it was tricky to keep track of the frogs while standing on the periphery.


Eventually one strayed too close to where I was crouched, waiting and I scooped him up. The girls were amazed at this highly skilled capture! Honey didn't want to hold it but Lovey & Sweetie wouldn't leave the poor thing alone and I eventually had to rescue him after too many squeezes turned into eye poking...



Murphy was completely oblivious to their presence and kept tramping through the puddle, stirring up the mud and making my tracking efforts rather tricky.




and of course we had to give it a try & see if Prince Charming would show up and hand out any True Love's Kisses.

Unfortunately he must have been busy with some other damsels in distress or something because he never showed.






See? there's no tiring them out! LOL

1 comment:

Grandad said...

I really like that last picture. The one with the girls running thru the field towards you.
If all 3 girls were there I would want a copy.