Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Card Fun.....NOT!

Every year I have some idea of getting a nice picture of our family to send out in our Christmas card. It doesn't sound like a bad idea. Lots of other people get me to do this for them, so I should be able to get one for myself right? Not without much consternation and gnashing of teeth!

We got Mandy to give it a shot over Thanksgiving but it was cold and the kids were miserable (you may recall this from a previous post!) and nothing usable turned out unless I wanted to advertise my family "as is". However, I prefer to leave everyone under the illusion that we are a well put together unit of harmony & happiness. (and if you are not currently falling for the Christmas card photo trick, humour me)
So with December now upon us, I'm starting to feel the pressure, so much to do and getting the pictures taken, edited, and a card created (or pilfered off the net at least), prints ordered &picked up, cards signed, stuffed, sealed, addressed, stamped and actually in the mailbox is a huge undertaking at any given point of the year but December adds that extra rush!
They were only happy to pose with their favourite animal and none of the pictures of the three of them together turned out!

This was by far the best & clearest shot of the day. I don't think it's any coincidence that NONE of these subjects can move, fuss, whine, cry or fight :)

This one would have sufficed, if I was willing to have all friends and relatives contemplating what stage the divorce is at!
and these ones have some personality and are pretty much in focus but not exactly what I was going for!

So second attempt yielded nothing any more usable than the first shoot. You see Mandy? It's not you, it's DEFINITELY them :)))


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can't just photoshop Murray into the one of you 4?? :)

They're beautiful - ornery and all.

Kara