Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Day

I uploaded these backwards, this is from later in the day when we went to my parents' place for Christmas #2! :)
I woke up on Christmas morning at 4:20, and was ready to jump out of bed as soon as I realized "IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!" but managed to settle myself down and get back to sleep but woke up periodically fighting the temptation to go wake up the kids. Finally around 7:30, I gave up and went to the kitchen and started getting stuff ready for our breakfast.
I chopped up the strawberries and some cantaloupe and got out the waffle iron and by then the kids started wandering in and it was time to go downstairs!
We checked out our stockings and all the goodies that Santa left and then went back up and had our Belgian waffles dusted with icing sugar and topped with Belgian chocolate sauce, fresh strawberries and whip cream on top! Mmmmm mmmm mmm! Every day should start with a breakfast of champions like this!
It was a huge treat and will be something to look forward to for next year. Murray has a coworker who knew someone who makes the sauce so we were lucky to have the right contacts!

Honey Bunny and her hero, Ms. Montana!!
After we finished our delicious breakfast, we went back downstairs to open our gifts. The girls raced through theirs of course and couldn't figure out why we had so much more to open when all theirs were done!
I didn't really want to open mine while they were working on theirs in case I missed something or if anything got mixed in with the wrapping paper. I kept removing the debris and making sure we weren't throwing out anything valuable!
They did really well delivering the presents to the right people and didn't open anyone else's gifts in error. My brother and I were often guilty of that mistake in our haste to get everything open, but how alert could we have been at 4am?!?!?!? It was bound to happen! :))) Luckily these kids are a little more careful than we were.

Honey had previously let me know what she thought about ribbon being tied around her presents and then she found another infraction! I'll try to remember her rule for next year. "Mo-o-o-o-o-o-o-m!!! I told you ribbon's TOO hard to open!"

Lovey was happy with her new Barbie and one of them got the 3 Musketeers movie and she now runs around telling us "Don't MESS with the DRESS!"




We had a great Christmas and are continuing to enjoy our holidays! Hope everyone's staying dry & warm and getting some time with their families too! :)))

No comments: