Saturday, January 2, 2010

Nanny & Grampy's Visit!

The girls got fancy, glittery make up kits from Nanny & Grampy but strangely enough, neither of them were interested in getting a makeover from a 5 year old! My look can always use some freshening up, especially after I've just been to the gym. Honey had me looking fine in no time!
New horses and matching Disney princess dolls from Auntie KK & Uncle Paul kept these gals entertained for a good chunk of the afternoon. Giddyup!

After lunch we strapped on the new skis and hit the field across the street. It was rough going as everyone learned how to balance and glide and we all fell down quite a bit. Getting back up isn't as easy as I remembered! Honey seemed to figure it out first and followed me as I broke a trail while Sweetie trailed behind and struggled with getting herself out of the snow. Eventually she got better at it! Lovey worked hard but fell behind a bit but had a very dedicated Nanny by her side to help her and we hope Nanny's back survived all that bending & lifting!

I wasn't overly optimistic about their first outing and expected much more fussing and many tears but there wasn't really any of that and we were skiing for over an hour. Pretty good for their first outing!
We tried it again the other day and Lovey & Honey took the lead this time. Sweetie was having "one of those days" and wasn't really trying her best and had many spills. After a little while she snapped out of it and while the other two were turning back & ready to head home, Sweetie wanted to keep going so we went quite a bit further. When I wanted to head back she wasn't interested and urged me to continue on. We did a bit more and then started back. By the time we got back to the start, I think she'd had enough.







No comments: