Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hanging out with Neighbours :)

A pretty tame weekend, the girls went to dance class (Sweetie just watched of course) and had a great time. I was at my class at the gym while they did that and then they picked me up on the way home.
After lunch we went down to the farm to do a few runs on their sliding hill. It was a bit sticky and we had to do a few ourselves to smooth a path before the kids could get anywhere.

Actually getting them there was quite an ordeal. It was a beautiful day outside so when I told them we were going sliding with their friend, I was a bit surprised (although it's not totally unheard of) when they all grimaced in pain and screamed/cried "nooooooooooooooo! I don't want to. I'm not going. I want to stay home!" etc.

I immediately debated letting them stay in vs wrestling 3 fusspots into winter gear and dragging them down the road. Like a good mother, I decided that they didn't know what they wanted or what was good for them and went with the latter. It wasn't too too hard getting them dressed. The worst of it was walking down to their place. They only live down the road, we've walked there a hundred times so I didn't think it was worth taking the car such a short distance. We're not invalids right? Oh my word. Halfway there I'd have taken a plane if it had been handy. Lovey was being a stinker and dragging her feet, when she was actually standing on them instead of laying in the middle of the road whining & crying. Apparently the trauma of leaving behind Polly Pockets (love you Maggie ;)) was an unbearable injustice to force on a girl! She needed a kick in the pants so I threatened her and that got her giggling so I just had to pretend to chase after her the rest of the way.

When we finally got there it was all fun & games and excitement. Why do they make me work so hard?????
Their hill isn't as steep as the one we usually go to but you can't beat the proximity!Once they get going it's a goooooood long run down there and a looooooooooong walk back up so I got plenty of exercise from that! Murphy was slowly chewing up every tree branch or stray stick he could find and after awhile Murray took him home before he could make himself sick.
The girls & I stayed for more sliding & then went in to visit Tulip's grandmother and have some hot chocolate and play for awhile.
I'd been planning to have pork tenderloin for supper only to find out I didn't actually have any in the freezer! I couldn't think of anything else to have but luckily Penny rescued us and we had pizza at her place and the kids partied some more :)
They love going to Tulip's house and playing with her stuff. She has an older sister who's a teenager so Tulip likes having someone to play with and is very good at sharing her stuff with th girls.
We got home in time for Family Movie Night and watched Wall E. They weren't too crazy about it since it was mostly about one little robot and not much dialogue in the whole movie. I found it interesting and thought it had a good message but it did seem a little long and boring in places. They do really enjoy having FMN though and we all cuddle up on the couches with blankets and snacks and it's nice & cozy! While we were at Tulip's, Penny offered Honey a 2nd cookie for dessert and she said "no thanks, we'll probly be having snacks for movie night and I don't want to be too full." LOL Such a practical girl!

No comments: