Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sick or Scam?

Sweetie got the flu Sunday night after going to bed and was up several times in the night with tummy troubles. Expecting that she'd be exhausted and still under the weather, I kept her home on Monday.The minute I walked back in the door after seeing her sisters onto the bus in the driveway, she popped out of her bedroom. "I was watching you in the window! but nobody waved to ME!"

She got up and had some breakfast and then I was ready to go back to bed from being up with her in the night so many times! I was sure she'd need a nap as well so we went into our bedroom to rest but that little stinker never did! After awhile I gave up on that notion, hoping assuming she would rest later. Instead of a nap, she had a leisurely soak in a nice hot bubble bath and played with the mermaid barbies. After her bath we braided her hair, something we don't normally have time to do on a school day. She loved her braids! (once all the pulling was over)

While she lounged, I finished up a batch of Ginger Sparkles (mmmmm coooooooooooookies!) and then once she was out, we played Super Mario Brothers for a couple of hours.


Once she was all Mario'd out, we had some lunch and she was still happy as a clam, no symptoms and lots of energy. I decided we'd take Murphy for a walk since she was obviously feeling ok. We went almost all the way down to the main road and only turned back because Murphy was getting tired.

I brought along my camera to work on a project for my photography forum's monthly challenge and got lots of material as she ran along, jumping in puddles and walking Murphy. We got back just in time to meet her sisters off the bus and was she ever glad to see them!
As much as they squabble, scream and bicker, they don't like to be without them for too long. As much as she enjoyed her day with me, she kept asking how much longer til the girls got home and mentioned several times that she missed them. Nice to see they might actually like each other afterall!



my favourite Sweetie shot of the day :))))

No comments: