Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flowers at the Park

On the way to church on Sunday, Murray and I noticed this huge field at the park, covered in little flowers. We decided to go check it out after lunch. As we drove home, they spotted it and wanted to go back so we went!
It was beautiful!!! They loved the flowers of course and we had more bouquets than we could carry!
Murphy & Murray also enjoyed some quality time in the blossoms, aren't they pretty???
After a long time of picking flowers, we moved on to tree climbing. This was a big hit of course. It took some doing to get them out of the flowers but once we hit the trees, they were pretty content there for awhile.
Not only were they enjoying themselves, they LET me take their pictures! Honey several times actually called to me "Hey Mumma! C'mere, I've got a good one now!" and "ooh! come get this, I have a pose for you!" LOL Then later on she said "we're all having lots of fun, we get to play and Mumma's getting lots of nice pictures!"
Sweetie was in her element of course and was flying through those branches! but even she stopped for me now & then. It truly was a great day for practicing on them!

Lovey hopped on this tree and said "look, I'm riding a dolphin!!!!!!!!!!" These kids just crack me up constantly. The stuff they see and think of and can work out with their imaginations is truly amazing at times!
We left the climbing forest and hit a trail for a walk but didn't get far before it was time to head home for supper. We'll definitely be back, hopefully before the flowers in the field disappear. Anybody know what those were? I don't remember seeing them before so they must just bloom a short while and I've always missed that window before or something...
Sweetie found this rock and had to have it. So if someone is missing #40, let me know. She wanted it badly enough that she carried it all through the park, down the flower field and back over to the parking lot!




No comments: