Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Healing Right Up!

Honey's tongue looked a million times better this morning! When they say the mouth self heals quickly, they aren't kidding. It's still not real pretty but it's not a gaping, hanging open wound anymore. She still finds it tender but is able to eat without any problem today and managed to put away her supper and scarf down the freshly made cinnamon buns for dessert!

When the girls got home from school the weather was really nice so we had a snack picnic of popsicles and pineapple (the fruit cancels out the junk you know!) on the blanket out front. Someone decided to be helpful and bring the slippery plate of ripe and juicy fruit out to the blanket but lost some on the way so it had a bit of dirt on it. Lovey wasn't having any of that and boycotted it. She managed to eat her popsicle no problem though (it never hit the ground that's for sure!).
Once they were done their food they decided to do homework outside too and brought their reading books out and we read those. When it was time to do the writing portion it looked like it was about to rain so we packed it up & moved indoors.

and then it was mass hysteria!!! Sweetie couldn't figure out how to spell what she wanted, Honey didn't believe me that there was an "i" in the middle of "like" and Lovey was having conniptions at trying to figure out how to spell the "ong" part of "Kong". My hint that it was almost the same as "ing" which she does know how to spell was not enough to prevent the screaming waterworks.

All 3 were insane and I couldn't fix anybody at that stage of the game so I went out to get the laundry and hope they'd be more reasonable when I came back. I have no idea why I thought this miracle would suddenly happen but it gave me time to pull myself together anyway!

Sweetie wanted to practice what it will look like when her teeth fall out. Can you picture it???
We have a challenge on the forum, the theme is "get low" (apparently there's a song??? not sure.) and so I thought I'd lay down and get this. It's definitely low but I don't know if I like it enough to make this one my entry. I have a week or so to come up with something so I'll keep trying.

Eventually the freak outs subsided and we were able to get all the homework done without me following through on the urge to poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick!

1 comment:

Neisey said...

Kelly...I LOVE the shoe photo! Such a great perspective. I think you should do one for each girl in their fave shoe and in different locations (I'm seeing bright sneakers on a chalked hopscotch; worn cowboy boots near a barbed wire fence, etc) I think it is a super, fun look!