Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sweet & Thoughtful!

OK, OK, I guess I will keep them after all! They've been quite a handful this week, the hot weather has led to late bedtimes, the morning sunshine has led to early risings and that's never a good combo in any household!

Today at lunchtime, they came and asked me if they could make a fruit salad. I thought that anything that gets them interested in eating fruit is OK by me! So they went through the fridge & selected some fresh picked strawberries that we got yesterday, some cherries, a banana and maybe some kiwi? They cut everything up, put it in a bowl, added the peanuts (well don't YOU put them in YOUR fruit salad????) and then told me what was going on. They wanted to plan a surprise party for daddy. Why you ask? Because of all the nice jobs he does for them.

"He goes to work to earn money for our food and stuff, he reads us stories and plays with us" I think there were a couple more reasons but I couldn't remember them all. The party had to be a complete surprise and I was sworn to secrecy more than once! He got home and there was a bit of a disagreement. One wanted to spring the surprise on him right away, another wanted to wait til later, and one wanted to do it in the middle of supper. Sweetie almost had a heart attack when he went to the fridge to get a drink of water. She barrelled in front of him and spread herself as big as she could in front of their bowls until he'd gone away. LOL He assured her he hadn't seen anything.
They also picked a bouquet for him which Lovey demanded I do a retake of them to include the flowers! Murray seemed quite touch by their gesture and gobbled up every bite of his nutty fruit salad!

No comments: