Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ahhhh! That's better!

We've been waiting patiently all year for cottage season to start up and now that school is done and holidays are here, it's time! We packed up and spent Canada Day beachside, woohoo!

Can't beat this gorgeous view! Sunny blue skies, light dancing on the water, the oh so soothing sounds of my children whining in the air... 2 out of three ain't bad they say right? OK, so it wasn't constant whining but there was a 45 minute "scraped knee" incident that must have broken either a record or an eardrum surely.





Poor old Murphy baby! He still has a deep love for Kong work but his poor body isn't keeping up with his young dog spirit. He fetched and fetched and barked madly and annoyingly if Murray tried to get him to take a break. One afternoon of this and he had to sleep the rest of the weekend to recover.



did I mention the 45 minute screaming episode about the knee? Here it is in all it's intense glory! The good news is that she has excellent lung strength and capacity and awesome projection and endurance!

The best part of the weekend????? Ok well there was a close tie for me. I got to play tennis more than once AND Murray & I went out by ourselves to a movie! We used to play tennis daily at the cottage, BK (before kids). Then they got here and totally set the whole cottage world on ear. Murray usually gets out for a run each day and has managed to squeeze in at least a game or two each year but for some reason it has been several years since I got to play (my intense addiction to big box store shopping may or may not have cut into my court time....). But this weekend I grabbed my racket, took Murray hostage and ran out the door before my in laws realized we were ditching them with the kids! Master planner I am! As with all evil deeds, you get caught and you get punished. A thunder and lightning storm erupted in the middle of the 2nd or 3rd game and I had to abandon my well planned scheme. Somehow, my MIL took pity on me and invited me to Saturday morning ladies' tennis. No hostage taking required! totally legit and no rained out match, funny how that works. I got to play for almost 2 hours straight. It was amazing. Not my skill mind you but the chance to run around the court and get demolished by multiple opponents! I got better as the games went on and I got less nervous around so many new people. It was so much fun! I want to go every Saturday!!!!!

The kids had a great time too of course and spent hours down by the water, playing and digging and splashing around. Getting them to come up for supper each day was a bit of a challenge and resulted in tears more than once (scraped knee style of course!).

We love the cottage and can't wait to go back!!!

No comments: