Saturday, September 25, 2010

Deja Vu

Guess what? There's another Kelly in town. Yes, I know, not that unusual and hardly surprising. But guess how I first heard about her. She was expecting triplets. Guess what she had? Three girls. Yep, it's true. A total copycat! :))) The babies have all been born now and are home. I chatted with Kelly periodically through her pregnancy and kept updated on her progress on FB.

Knowing what I know now about photography and how quickly those babies grow, I offered to do a free shoot for them. When our babies were that small, we were still reeling from the changes and I couldn't fathom how we were going to afford to live, never mind shelling out for custom photography. I of course now regret this and can never go back to recapture them as I'd like to. Kelly was all for having a shoot so I went over this week.

The babies have been home for just over a week and things are running smoothly at their place and they have an older daughter to look after too! The babies are still sleeping a lot so they're off to a good start.

I arrived around 8:30 and got my gear in place and started doing test shots etc. Four hours later I had to run out the door in order to catch my own girls getting off the bus. I couldn't believe how fast it went! Her girls were all so good! (hey what's up with that???) The oldest was a bit shy at first but warmed up after awhile. The only tricky part was when the triplets didn't want to fall back asleep after their feeding. We eventually wore them out and they crashed! Unfortunately this was at the 3½ hour mark and I was getting a bit tired and pressed for time. I didn't get all the great poses I've seen on other photographers' sites but am pretty happy with several & so far they're getting good feedback on her FB page!

Here are a few!



No comments: