Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pole Down!

Unfortunately, my clothesline repair didn't get me through the summer. R-guy and I only recently managed to finally cut the slack out of the line so the laundry didn't drag on the ground. The pole didn't seem up to the task though as I did hear a distinctive crack once there was more strain on the line. Sure enough, a few loads later, there was another cracking noise and the pole got a distinctive lean. Murray decided to knock it down before it came down on someone's head.

He has now remedied the situation though! He rigged up some wooden posts from the garage (send us an invoice Dad, we've dipped into your stash again I think...) and joined them together. He got the cement mixed up and into the ground last night. Now we just need to fill the hole in and hang the reel up and then I'm back in business. We've had some rainy weather so I haven't missed too many good line drying days!



2 comments:

Dad said...

WOW, that has got to be the world's tallest clothesline pole.

Do you really think she'll stand the strain?

KelMur & Co. said...

it's cemented in and the pulley part isn't too much higher than where the two posts are joined. I thought we'd need a heavier pole but Murray was pretty sure this would do the trick so we tried it first. Time will tell...