Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Party!

We had a party last night to celebrate my big milestone birthday. My sister in law made a trip just to attend! Teena, Dale & Boo came for supper and we had deep fried turkey!!!!!!!!!! Teena has talked about this meal for ages and I've been dying to try it out and she made it happen for my big birthday:))) Dale was the one who had to slave over a hot vat but everyone greatly enjoyed the fruits of his labour. Even all the kids ate supper willingly! and Honey asked for 2nd and 3rd helpings. The seasonings made the meat so tasty & juicy and it was surprisingly not greasy at all. I had to tear myself away from the table to stop eating it. Mmmmm mmmm good! Colonel Sanders has nothing on Chef Dale!

Look, he's got a timer and everything! 
After supper it was time to get things ready for stage 2, bonfire birthday party!!! with cake, s'mores, chips, cheesies, glow in the dark bracelets & sparklers! I'd invited my close friends & their families and they all arrived around 6:30. One guest was a wonderful surprise and I shrieked with delight when I realized who had walked in the door! (some people's ears may never recover) Nicolle had brought along Babycakes who used to go to our church and used to come hang out with me here with some of the other teens from youth group. Now that she's at another church, I rarely see her but miss her ALOT!





Murray got the buffet table set up and started bringing out the food and beverages and got the fire started with a little gasoline assistance! The sun had set by the time we had everything ready so we started with some sparklers and glow in the dark bracelets to keep the kids entertained while the rest of the food was being brought out.

The kids were beyond "wild with excitement". If a party could be judged solely by noise level, this thing was a raging success! We had trampoline action, haunted playhouse mischief, the pyrotechnics and lots of racing and tearing around AND caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! mmmmmmm cake!!! I ordered it earlier in the week and had been looking forward to it ever since. oh cake, how do I love thee???

It was a great night & everybody went home full but tired! I enjoyed my party immensely and was so glad that people came! (I'm 40 but still worry that no one will show up if I invite them, shouldn't I be over this by now??? LOL)


No comments: