Thursday, January 26, 2012

Charge of the Lice Brigade!


So far so good! The girls were with Tulip on Sunday and that's the day her mom found the lice on her. No sightings here yet and I'm checking daily, sometimes twice daily. It can take up to a week for nits to appear but I'm hoping my Tea Tree Oil trick saves my butt! In the meantime I'm sending the Braidy Bunch to school every day. It means getting up 20 minutes earlier and listening to a lot of whining as I braid their heads within an inch of their lives. Twenty minutes of that beats the pants off what Tulip's mom described to me on the phone last night though! She said it takes her about 2½ hours to go over Tulip's head, picking and pulling and Tulip cries the whole time, it hurts so much. She's also done 40-50 loads of laundry since Sunday night. Oy vey! I don't see us surviving that if it hits here.

But that's not our biggest concern at the moment. Murphy seems much worse this week. He's refusing to eat most of the time. We have been able to get one small meal into him each day, some DentaStix and he can't get enough snow lately. Weird. Last night he was out in the cold til 10pm and only came in because I went and dragged him in. Today he wanted back out early this morning and when I brought him in shivering around mid morning to get him warmed up, he turned around and wanted back out. I made him stay in for a couple of hours but by then it was sunny out so I let him go out til Murray got home from supper. He has no energy, and just lies on the floor or couch all day. Today he didn't even thump his tail whenever we came in to the room. When he's lying still, I have to look closely to see if he's even still breathing. I'm afraid it's not looking good. We're taking him to the vet tomorrow afternoon to get him looked at but we doubt this is a "fixable" situation. He seems so sad and listless. We hate seeing our Murphy baby like this and are trying to brace for the worst.

No comments: